Sunday, September 28, 2008

Spears Essay

After reading the "Why I Hate Britney" essay by a University of Texas student, I must honestly say that I was considerably impressed. I would easily give the essay a B, not just because of its topic etc., but also because of the effort.

The writer sufficiently developed a topic with clear argument, so I must say that the content was considerably direct. The essay was organized with moderate sequence and it kept its point of view in "almost" every consecutive paragraph. In fact, call the organization of the essay an "almost" true attempt of flowing procession, but not quite perfect.

The style of the essay had a very serious tone and was partially to the point, based on the factual evidence, such as direct quotes given that supply support to the argument. The correctness of the essay, such as grammar and punctuation, was somewhat satisfactory. The writer did use some cant and jargon based wording in various underdeveloped sentences throughout the essay.

With all this said, I have to admit that I truly enjoyed reading the essay, most notably because I did recognize the effort put into it.

1 comment:

amanda williams said...

I understood the writing the same way! There was a lot of effort put into it, but the use of slang, and the incomplete sentences brought it down a bit.