Sunday, August 31, 2008

MilBlogs

This was truly my first time ever experiencing the depth of a military blog as it opened my eyes and mind tremendously. The entries by the various soldiers gave me a new perspective on the war and daily life and death situations our boys are dealing with everyday across the world in Iraq. I find a big discrepancy between what we hear about the war on the major news networks such as CNN and FOX News, and the true life our soldiers on the ground are attesting to everyday on the blogs.

When I posted my personal responses on the milblog, I felt a sense of duty to tell them "Thanks" immediately as I have always respected and appreciated what they are sacrificing for our freedom. I know in my heart that my words are taken deeply and appreciated just as much by them, because I know at times it is hard for them over there, but they keep going at it everyday risking their lives.

I am glad that there is a way for our soldiers to stay connected to home that they left behind in sacrifice, and share their thoughts and experiences with others they keep safe everyday back home.

No comments: